Saturday, August 21, 2010

August 21, 2010

Hello all. Tonight was the night of my 25th High School reunion. I wasn't planning on going, but I really wanted to. My band The Rabid Aardvarks had a show tonight in Port Washington, so I was happy that I had an excuse. I had originally blocked the day off because of my reunion. When the show came up, I thought "here is my excuse not to be able to go to the reunion". The last 6 months, we have all kept in touch thanks to Facebook. This would have been an awesome reunion. I know that people change. They gain weight, look older, grey hair, no hair...etc. In my mind, I was going to walk into that reunion and be the only one that has changed. I didnt care so much that I was overweight. I didnt want to have to explain my stomach to everyone all night. I was going to get a "yes..its a hernia" t-shirt to wear tonight. Funny thing..this was exactly the same thing I went through 5 years ago. I even road past the bar that was hosting our 20th reunion. I told myself that 25 would be different!! It wasnt. I am really going to have to do some deep thinking to get myself out of this mess. I just watched the video from tonight and dont even know if I want to be performing in the state that I am in.


Decisions....decisions....decisions!!!

Goodnight
Better tomorrows.
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment