Monday, July 6, 2009

July 06, 2009 vacation in over
















Me at Summerfest (7-2-2009). Is this what I looked like up there?? YIKES!!


Hello! It's Monday July 6, and it's back to work today. I started my weight loss blog July 1st and was excited about keeping a DAILY update. I knew that the 4th of July weekend would be tough, and I don't think I did too bad. Thursday my band played at Summerfest. After we played, Lisa and I walked around with her brother. I knew that I had to get something to eat. I decided to try the Jumbalaya. It was a pretty good helping, and tasted great. After walking for about an hour, we decided to get something else (it was a festival remember?) I ordered a 1/4th spinich and cheese pizza. That was really good too. I even had one of Lisa's chicken fingers. Not the best/worse thing I could have eaten. We did do quite a bit of walking, so I wasn't too upset. I did buy three Summerfest t-shirts. They will be hanging next to the ones that I've bought the last 2 years. I will wear them someday soon.
Friday Lisa and I went to Omega for dinner. I got the gyro platter with french fries. I noticed that they had Turtle Delight as their flavor of the day. I could probably talk my self into saying that any flavor was my favorite. I got the single scoop waffle cone.
Saturday we had a show at Trinity Three in downtown Milwaukee. Show was a lot of fun. I told Lisa not to take any pictures of me because I knew that I wouldn't look how I wanted. It didn't help that I was one of the oldest people there. It was a real wake up call that my life is passing by right in front of me, and I don't like the way that I look in public. I even thought it was maybe time to retire from the band. I know it would be more fun to be up there looking better. We're finally getting some real good shows, and I actually hate being on stage. I have a month until State Fair, so I will see how these shakes pay off. If I stay on them religiously, I know that I can lose about 25 pound by then.
Sunday night I went to my friend Kyle's house to watch movies. It was about 9:30 and he still hadn't eaten yet. It used to be a Sunday ritual by his house. Pizza and ice cream and a movie. He decided to go to Little Ceasars for their $5 pizza and wings. I had already eaten dinner so I was just going to go along. Yeah right! I ordered a pizza too. I did only eat half and let Kyle have the rest for today. On the way home I was more scared than upset. I just kept asking myself what made me order that. I wasn't hungry. Maybe it was habit. They say that the habit is the hardest thing to change. I totally agree with that. I am always eating, not from hunger, but from habit.
October 16, 2007 I went on Medifast. I lost about 45 pounds. I know that it works, I have seen the results and I have liked them. What possesses us to go back to the life that we hate so much? I just don't get it. Do we like being miserable? Are we afraid of compliments? Losing weight is the hardest and easiest thing I have ever done. In my case, I have to lose for health reasons, not just cosmetic reasons. I'll get into that in my next blog. Time for a shake!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment on my blog! I look forward to following your success!

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll go back in my archives and read from Day 1. I think you'll like what you find.

    My best
    Sean

    ReplyDelete