Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 08, 2009 great day!

Hello all!! Just got home from a Milwaukee Brewers game (they won 5-4) Woo Hoo!! Lisa surprised me by having my name on the scoreboard. She also got me a Brewers backpack, birthday baseball and a Bernie Brewer Bobblehead (in Milwaukee these bobbleheads are real popular). I had the day off today. I woke up with my stomach hurting and decided to call in. It hasn't hurt in awhile, but I'm not too worried about it. I didn't do the shakes today. I don't want to get sick of them so I decided to do a 1500 calorie day. I had some pork and beans for lunch and Lisa and I stopped at Subway before the Brewers game. I ordered a foot long Oven Roasted Chicken Breast with no cheese, lots of veggies and yellow mustard. I used to get them with extra cheese and southwest sauce. The sandwich calorie total was 690 calories. It didn't help that Subway was right next to Papa Murphy's (my favorite!!). During the game the high prices of all the food made it easy to fight the desire to eat. I can't see spending a small fortune on hot dogs and nachos. Being cheap can come in handy :-) After the game I jokingly said, I could really go for Taco Bell. Funny thing is, last week I probably would have stopped there on the way home. I remembered that I still had a 4lb can of peanuts in my trunk that I won a few weeks back at the fair. The old me would have popped them open and placed them right next to me on the seat.
Tonight I wore a Brewers shirt over a longer shirt that I had tucked in. This enabled me to wear the smaller Brewer shirt without a possibility of having my stomach hang out. I will wear that shirt by itself someday soon!! I did a small inventory on t-shirts today. I must have about 150 in the "someday" pile and about 10 in the "this is all you have to chose from" pile. I have some really cool shirts that I am dying to wear. I want to take a picture of myself trying on one of the smaller shirt as a before picture.
I know there aren't alot of followers on my blog yet, but I want to mention a man that is a true inspiration. My mom turned my on to his blog last week and I have been using it as a "if he can, I can" wakeup call. His name is Sean Anderson. I suggest to anyone trying to lose weight or not to read his blog. The address is http://losingweighteveryday.blogspot.com/
It is getting easier everyday. I am trying to picture the person that I am going to be. The person that I want to be. The person I deserve to be!

Peace and happiness!
Scott

1 comment:

  1. I sincerely appreciate your endorsement!! I'm so happy your mom turned you on to my blog. I tell you what...I was starting to wonder if I could or would ever grab control and do this. What I've learned along the way has truly set me free.
    I'm thrilled that you put away the shakes today! If you go back in my archives you'll eventually read how I feel about meal replacements of any kind. They're not only not necessary, but they do nothing to teach us about eating responsibly and making good choices. They will help us lose weight sure, but then once the weight is off and we go back to eating normal food...then what? Then we realize that all of our old behaviors still exist. I speak from experience...I've done that very thing!! And besides...wouldn't you like to eat what everyone else is eating? Real food beats shakes everytime!

    Again, thank you for the kind words my friend. I love major league games!! We love to travel up to KC for the Royals every now and then, haven't in a while...need to soon! I'm with you on the concession prices...outrageous! Almost comical really. What is it, six bucks for a small drink?

    My best always,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete