Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20, 2009 Good Monday

Hello all.... My day started out really good. There was no pain!! I knew that whatever job they had me do today, it was going to be o.k. I arrived at work and I was immediately handed a sausage and egg McMuffin from one of the girls at work. I shook my head no, kindly said "thank you" and watched her give it away to another co-worker. I am already challenged at 7:45 in the morning!
I did have a cup of coffee to help me wake up. I forgot my fat free creamer at home so I had to settle for real sugar (WOW..was that sweet!!) I know that I should have something for breakfast. After all it is the most important meal of the day. It starts the fire burning. I will do better tomorrow. It is now 4:00 and I have yet to eat anything. This is how I have slipped in the past. Not eating all day, eat at night, go to bed. I am going to try to eat 1500 calories today. The doctor has me on Medifast to get me to lose weight for a hernia operation that I need to have. I know that Medifast is not a good way to learn how to eat right, but it does help you lose weight fast, which is what I need to do. The doctor says I need to lose about 75 pounds to do the operation. The more I lose, the easier it is to operate. My plan is to drink 5 shakes a day and thats it. Thats 500 calories a day!! I did it in 2007 and lost 40 pounds fast. I went off the shakes and gained it all back and then some. If I can just suffer through the shakes, I can lose the weight, have the operation, and get on with my life. I know that I need to lose weight anyway, but mine is a health issue not just a cosmetic reason. I just need the willpower!!!!! I have to fight the habits!!!!! I have no choice.
I'll post later my history of my hernia's (Yes that is plural)

No comments:

Post a Comment