Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 07, 2009 still going!

Hello everyone!! It's Tuesday (actually Wed. its after midnight) I'll make this a short blog because I better get to bed. Today was a good day for the diet. I had a orange medifast shake at 9:30. I am allowed 5 servings of medifast so I still had 4 more to go. I went to return my DVR after work and stopped at Best Buy before band practice. I suddenly realized that I had nothing with me to eat for supper. I knew I wouldn't be home until at least 10:30. I ended up drinking 2 Coke zero's for dinner. I know that I could have stopped for fast food, but that wasn't in my plans. The old me would have had any number of no-no's. As soon as I got home, I had a medifast oatmeal bar. I know that I have 3 more things I can eat, but its too late. At 100 calories each serving, I know that I have to eat all of them every day. I am only hurting myself if I don't. I was asked today by my co-workers what I wanted to eat for my birthday lunch. I told them to get whatever they wanted, I'll just have my shakes. They said 1 day won't hurt. I said it won't help either :-) The more days I have on these shakes, the easier it will get. If I cheat this early, I will just make up another "start date" ex. I'll start after my birthday....
In 3 days I will be 42. I keep thinking of all the years that I threw away. Not that they weren't good years, I just know they could have been happier. I am 8 years away from 50 (jeez that sounds close!!!). I would like to have at least a few happy/healthy years in my 40's. For some odd reason, I feel more focused than ever.

1 comment:

  1. Scotty,
    I sincerely hope you go back and read my blog from day 1. You'll discover some things that will completely unlock this weight loss thing for you. I'm just sure of it.
    You can do this. You're doing it. Feels good doesn't it!
    Great job not giving in to the "just this one time" deal... I can't tell you how many weight loss attempts ended for me when I uttered those words.

    Scotty---You're on your way to a fantastic transformation---but more importantly---you're on your way to good health and the 40's are going to feel amazing my friend.

    My best
    Sean

    ReplyDelete