Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24, 2009 Part 2


OR




Hello all. Tonight was a pretty good night. I kept myself busy and wasn't hungry. At about 9:00 I started getting "Old Habit Hungry" That means my habit of eating at night was starting to kick in. I went upstairs to see if there was something healthy I could eat. I didn't want a shake. Last time I was on a diet of just shakes, I lasted 2 weeks and couldn't take it. I went off of them and didn't touch them for 18 months. Its just going to take me a little longer I guess. Anyways, I was going to make some spaghetti with wheat noodles and low calorie sauce. It was a little more calories than I wanted to eat this late at night. I opened a can of tuna in water (100 calories), ate that, and was still a little hungry. I was really fighting the old habit of just going to Wal Mart and getting pizza or chips and dip. I was allowed a bad night....right? WRONG!!! I drove to Wal-Mart anyways planning on getting some salad fixin's. Thank the lord that the Papa Murphy that is conveniently located inside the store was closed. I might have caved. Not for the Cowboy, but one of there De-Lites. They are still too much. I went over to the produce area (I used to walk past there on the way to the chips) I am lucky that I like all vegetables (no onions). I bought 2 bags of lettuce/carrots/spinach mixes, mushrooms, 2 tomatoes and some fat free peppercorn ranch. I went right to the checkout. I didn't want to make the familiar trek down to the salty treats. I am eating my salad as I write this blog. Not bad if I do say so myself!!

Better Tomorrows!!
Scott

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you didn't make that trek. Keep making good choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always save calories for the evening because I'm a late night snacker too! When I get back from my walk I always want something. Good for you for defeating that little monster inside that demands to be fed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job my friend. I'm so happy that you're chunking the shakes for real food. You can do this man---You're doing it!

    Good choices,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete