Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 22, 2009 Wednesday...back to Cardinal

Hello all (3 of you). Today was a great day of dieting (I hate that word). I should say this was a great first day of the rest of my life. I woke up not hurting (yay). Work was busy and physical (getting paid to workout is always a plus). I had decided last night to meet Lisa and Cardinal Fitness for a workout after work on Tuesday. I normally would have blamed my work workout as the reason that I didn't go to the gym. It's been awhile since I've been to the gym altho I have been a member for about 2 years. I think they should thank me for the new carpet that my monthly payments have provided :-) I started off riding 5 miles on the bike. It took a little under 15 minutes. I would like to see that number go down, or see the distance increase. I then went over to the eliptical for a 10 minute .5 miles workout. I was actually sweating...thats a good thing. I went out to the car and had my 4th shake of the day. I went to Barnes and Noble and bought Lisa and myself a calorie counter book. This book has almost every fast food restaurant that I have visited and then some. WOW.... I knew I was eating bad, but I didn't really know how terrible some of this food was. I like Papa Murphy's Cowboy pizza. The book lists 1/12th of a pizza 345 calories. WHAT??? That's like 4,200 calories for the whole thing. Geez!!! So many foods that I have eaten are in there...I can add up a normal bad day calorie wise and its totally disgusting. I blame no one but myself. It's not even tempting knowing how bad that stuff is. I can see how moderation lets you eat anything. It's the over indulging that hurt me. As the days pass, this is all getting easier. I even went to the Big and Tall mens store and just walked around. I told myself that I will never buy from this store again. I held up a 6xl shirt and just smiled. Thats where I was headed. I can wear a 3xl from there, but I have like 200 t-shirts waiting for me at home calling my name. I have about 10 shirts right now that I rotate between and a closet full of someday clothes. Time for bed. Big show at Washington County Fair tomorrow!!!

Goodnight and better tomorrows
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment